I did not know how to live without stress…
My life has been stressful every since I can remember. As a child I was stressed about everything, in fact, I’m pretty sure I was born stressed. For a long time, I thought that being constantly stressed is normal, that that’s how life is. In fact, it took me a long time to learn that it’s ok to not stress because I was so used to stress being a central part of my life, I found it scary to let go of stress! That’s kind of sad, isn’t it, but it’s not uncommon these days. Stress can give us an illusion of control but the truth is that it never changes anything, it’s a completely useless emotion that does nothing but harm!
Some people never get stressed, no matter what….
Then I started noticing that there are some people who seem to never get stressed, no matter what, they seem to be able to always be happy and relaxed. Nothing ever relieved my stress. No amount of money, relationships or anything else, would make it go away. There was always something to stress about. It’s nothing to do with money, success or relationships – there are plenty of super rich people and people in good jobs or happy relationships who are constantly stressed.
I cannot accept that this is just how I am and that’s how they are and that’s how it’s always going to be. I want to change. I want to be like them. If some people can have an easy life, I don’t see why I couldn’t. I don’t want to waste my life being miserable when others, even people who have far less than me, just seem to sail through it never worrying about anything. If there’s a guy who has just lost everything he ever owned and he can remain calm and stressed, then why am I so stressed over every smallest bill?
Life does not have to be so stressful
The good news was that I realised that life really does not have to be so stressful. It’s taken me a long time, to get to a point where I’m not constantly scared and stressed. Only the other day, I woke up and realised that it’s now over a year since I last woke up stressed. I used to wake up every morning with a knot in my stomach, it’s like it was there, all night, waiting for me to wake up. That’s not a nice way to live. Looking back, I had very little to worry about and worrying about it made no difference at all.
Paralysed by stress (again)….
Recently, I was going through some changes in my life that brought back my old friend – stress. Because I hadn’t stressed in a long time, it felt even worse this time, I felt paralysed by stress. I lost my appetite and sometimes I felt like I forgot to breathe. My whole body was tingling all the time.
I decided I cannot live like this anymore, I am not going there again. Now, during this very chaotic, sometimes scary, time in my life, is a good time to really learn to not stress. So I immersed myself in exploring stress, life, human spirit and anything that would help me. I meditated and spent hours and hours thinking and trying different things.
Finally, I got it… stress is not what happens but how I perceive it… it’s all in my head!
It is all in the mind. I realised that I had to re-train my mind to just not go there. It took courage to do it but that’s what it comes down to. It’s not about changing what is happening around me but rather changing how I react to it, what I think about it. Stress is all in my head. I create it, I make it worse, I keep it alive.
I can tell you that my mind was like a bold toddler. Some days, I’d have to put her on the naughty step every few minutes. It was exhausting but worth it because in the end, I won. I finally felt that nothing or no one can get to me. Whatever happens in life, I will remain calm and centred. I can tell you that it’s a very good place to be! The good news is that if I can do it, you can do it too. Anyone can do it and in the end, it turned out to be fairly easy!
You can do it too!
For a long time, I’ve wanted to create something new and I realised this is it! I know so many of you struggle with stress, just like I have done, so I decided to turn what I’ve discovered into a 21 day course that will help you find freedom from stress! Stress is a part of life but it does not have to control your life. You can learn to live with it, you can rise above it and enjoy life to the fullest, no matter what happens.
I look forward to guiding you from stress to freedom
FACTS ABOUT STRESS
- Stress is linked to the 6 leading causes of death: heart disease, cancer, lung ailments, accidents, cirrhosis of the liver and suicide
- 75% of GP visits are related to stress in one way or another
- Stress can lead to sleeping problems, headaches, muscle aches, exhaustion, depression, anxiety, adrenal fatigue, addictions, overeating, lethargy, irritability, anger problems…. and many more issues that can take the joy out of life!
- Stress can make it hard to lose weight – stubborn belly fat is often caused by stress
- Most people stress about money, followed by work and health
- 42% of women say they feel ‘too stressed’ in their day to day lives
- Women suffer more from stress than men
WHAT THIS COURSE COVERS
- Understand stress, what it is and what it does. Understand what make YOU stressed and how you react to stress
- Let go of unnecessary stress – for many people, up to 90% of their stress is unnecessary, made up, not their business or just talk and thoughts
- Learn simple breathing exercises, mantras, meditations and other tools that reduce stress almost instantly
- Learn the connection between your lifestyle and stress – your diet, sleep habits, exercise and other lifestyle factors
- Identify indirect causes of stress and eliminate these easily
- The power of self-love and self-respect – the best tools for reducing stress in all situations
- How to set boundaries and say no – put yourself first (this is a real challenge for women!)
- Learn to live with uncertainty
- and more!
This course is delivered via 21 daily emails packed with information, advice and exercises that are guaranteed to change your life. Extra support is available email or a private FB group to all participants any time.